Jamiroquai frontman Jay Kay forced to retire from Snetterton race due to fire
The frontman of a popular band was forced off a Norfolk race track when the engine of his classic car caught fire.
Jamiroquai's Jay Kay was in his distinctive pink Porsche 911 at Snetterton on Saturday when a short circuit caused an electrical fire, forcing him to retire two laps before the end.
The Grammy award-winning singer was unhurt and still managed to further his National B racing licence.
'The plan was just to drive sensibly and bring it all home in one piece to get the signatures, but it had no power from the moment I got in it at the pit-stop,' he said.
'Luckily I still got the signature as we had completed more than 10 laps of the race.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft