Jamie’s Game 2017 organisers announce X-Factor’s Sam Bailey as the first female footballer to take part in its history as tickets go on sale
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
The organisers of Jamie's Game have announced the latest addition to the star-studded line up as tickets go on sale on Thursday morning.
X Factor 2013 winner Sam Bailey has been revealed as the first woman to take to the pitch in the celebrity game's five year history.
Ms Bailey, a former prison officer at HM Prison Gartree in Leicestershire, will join the likes of Jake Wood, Calum Best, and fellow X-Factor star Stevi Ritchie on Sunday, May 21.
The singer, who was mentored by Sharon Osbourne on the ITV show, is a keen footballer and Leicester City fan, and has played at a number of charity matches around the UK.
Tickets for the game went on sale at 9am on Thursday, and is organised by the Community Sports Foundation (CSF) and Sellebrity Soccer to raise money to encourage disadvantaged and disabled people to take part in sport.
You may also want to watch:
Jamie's Game is named after CSF ambassador Jamie Abbott who has Down's Syndrome, and has raised over £200,000 for the foundation to date.
- 1 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 2 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 3 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 4 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 7 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 8 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 9 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 10 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot