Norfolk scriptwriter's EastEnders episode to air tonight
- Credit: BBC/Kieron McCarron/Jack Barnes
From East Anglia to the East End, a Norfolk scriptwriter is making his soap debut this evening.
James McDermott, 28, from Holt, spent a day on set for the filming of his EastEnders episode and will see it air at 8.05pm on BBC One.
In the description for the episode on the Radio Times website, it says Phil is convinced that Jada cannot be trusted and appeals to Martin and Zack for help.
Meanwhile, Janine opens up to Mick about her father and Vinny saves the day for Dotty.
Mr McDermott said: "It is still unbelievable but it feels like a real milestone for me as a writer, my friends in Norwich are holding a watch party with prosecco."
Mr McDermott went to the University of East Anglia from 2012 until 2016 to study scriptwriting and performance.
He has gone on to have acclaimed shows including Rubber Ring and Time and Tide, which are both LGBTQ+ working class stories set in the East of England and are based on his own experiences.
He also wrote Robin Good: The Politico-Panto, which is full of satire and local humour, and it runs from December 8 to 19 at Norwich Playhouse.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 3 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 4 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 5 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 6 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 7 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 8 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 9 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 10 Royal estate closes winter light trail due to bad weather