Episode of ITV show James Martin’s Great British Adventure filmed in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
TV star James Martin headed to north and west Norfolk last summer to film an episode of his Great British Adventure show, which is being aired for the first time on ITV at 2pm today.
A preview states that, 'James Martin's British adventure has travelled as far to the east of England as this journey will go, to Norfolk, where he's joined by his good old mate and top local chef, Galton Blackiston.
'They meet in Cromer, where Galton has a successful fish and chip shop, which inspires James to cook pan-fried cod with a warm tartar sauce on the beach.
'Then James heads to Norfolk Lavender to find out why it grows so well in this county and how it's distilled for oil. He then cooks with it in his roast duck in hay and lavender recipe. Galton heads off to discover the secrets of innovative salads with experimental leaf growers, Jepco. With salad on the brain, James makes a very special deep-fried soft-boiled egg salad with croutons and bacon.
'Finally, the trip to Norfolk ends with a super fun ride in a tank, followed by tempura monkfish and vegetables with minted peas back on the beach in Cromer.'
You may also want to watch:
It's on ITV/ Anglia from 2-3pm.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 6 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 7 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 8 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?