Jake Humphrey thanks people of Norwich for their GoGoHares support
- Credit: Archant
To all the good people of Norwich and Norfolk,
As a very proud patron of the wonderful Norfolk children's charity Break, I just wanted to say a huge thank you to you all for the support you have given the amazing GoGoHares project this summer.
Nobody visiting Norwich or indeed many parts of Norfolk this year could fail to have noticed the joy, happiness and fun it has brought to thousands of people of all ages.
People were seen with their maps or their phones, having downloaded the app, being really engaged with the trail.
It has taken people to places they may not have visited before and so many of the locations have noticed a huge increase in footfall. It has been so successful on so many levels.
You may also want to watch:
GoGoCreate, the education and learning programme, engaged 164 schools, young people and community organisations by decorating some amazing leveret sculptures, it has truly offered something for everyone.
Being a patron of Break, I know how incredibly hard a really small team works with its partners at Wild in Art, to deliver a national quality event to Norwich and Norfolk.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
The most wonderful thing about the project is it's a fantastic event that boosts the economy, is good for tourism, for artists, for business, for communities and for bringing people together.
If that's not enough, the money that is raised goes towards a brilliant Norfolk children's charity that provides services for vulnerable children, young people and families.
If you are a sponsor, you bought merchandise, sticker books, tickets for the Hare Today Gone Tomorrow event, or are looking to bid at the auction, or indeed if you've donated to Break in any way, then you have contributed to the success of GoGoHares.
This really encourages Break to keep pushing on and looking at similar events in the future.
And just because GoGoHares is drawing to a close, please don't forget about us.
There are so many ways you can continue supporting the charity. Break has something for everyone and everyone has something for Break.
Please continue to support us in whatever way you can in the future to help us change young lives.
So thank you from me, and from Break, to each and every one of you.