TV presenter Jake Humphrey involved in late night crash
- Credit: Jake Humphrey
The impact of a late night crash has left his car torn to pieces, but TV presenter Jake Humphrey said he was thankful to escape with no serious injury.
The BT Sport presenter was on his way home to Norwich from Blackburn, Lancashire, in the early hours of Wednesday morning when he was involved in a single-vehicle collision on the A17 in East Heckington, Lincolnshire.
The 40-year-old told his followers on Twitter that he only sustained a few bumps and bruises and posted a video showing the extensive damage to his Mercedes Benz.
The impact of the crash has completely torn off the front of his car and pieces of metal from the wreckage can be seen strewn across the ground.
Police said the crash happened after the car veered into the central reservation.
You may also want to watch:
He was on his way to Norwich after covering the Blackburn v Newcastle United FA cup match on Tuesday evening, when the crash happened on the last leg of his 220 mile journey just after 1.30am.
He thanked Lincolnshire police and the fire service, as well as a family from the village who gave him a hot drink after the ordeal.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 5 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 9 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 10 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
On Wednesday afternoon, he wrote on Twitter: 'Rather eventful journey home from Blackburn last night. Thankfully only a few bumps and bruises.
'I just want to call out the Lincolnshire Police, the brilliant local fire service and the lovely family in East Heckington who got the kettle on?.
'All great, kind folk. Thanks x'.
A spokesman from Lincolnshire police said: 'At 1.39am on January 16 we received a report that a car had gone into the central reservation on the A17 East Heckington. The collision involved a Mercedes Benz.
'Two people received minor injuries.'
A Lincolnshire fire service spokesman said a crew from Donington attended the incident at 1.42am.
Firefighters used absorbent granules to soak up the oil which spilled across the carriageway from the wreckage and assisted police with making the scene safe.