Captain Jack Sparrow heads to Cromer for special opening event
- Credit: Archant
It was a pirate's life for a team of swashbucklers at an opening event on the North Norfolk coast.
Captain Jack Sparrow and a crew from One Stop in Mill Road, Cromer, helped to rally the crowds together for a maritime adventure.
Formerly known as the Suffield Post Office, the One Stop - a brand owned by Tesco - reopened on Saturday June 16 following a huge building project to add 400 square feet to the shop floor.
Special guest actor Simon Newton, who has appeared in films including Fantastic Beasts, has also worked as a stand-in for Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow from the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise.
David Register, and his son Zak , aged 11, of North Walsham, came specially for the event as Zak is a huge fan.
You may also want to watch:
'Jack Sparrow is my favourite,' he said. 'I love all the films.
'I was excited to meet my real-life hero.'
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
The fun continued throughout the morning with children's activities and face painting.
Owner Andy Mills, who has been running the shop for more than seven years, said the enthusiasm of the crowd was brilliant.
'We've brought something special here but I could not have done that without the community.'
Winners of the colouring competition - Max Banning, Cameron Lodge and Eloise Burch - stood with Jack Sparrow to officially cut the opening ribbon.