Man died at care home after a ‘period of choking’
- Credit: Archant
A 60-year-old man died at a care home after a 'period of choking', an inquest has heard.
John Shreeve lived at Ivydene Residential Home in Station Road, Ormesby St Margaret, near Great Yarmouth, where he died on March 31 this year.
At the inquest opening in Norfolk Coroner's Court on Monday, the medical cause of death was recorded as due to hypertensive heart disease and food bolus aspiration.
Senior coroner for Norfolk, Jacqueline Lake, said Mr Shreeve died at his home address after a period of choking.
The court heard Mr Shreeve was born on December 13, 1958, and his place of birth is unknown. He was identified by carer Theresa Smith, who had known him for 17 years.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Lake adjourned the inquest until October 22.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 8 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich