It’s On The Ball charity launches biggest-ever testicular cancer awareness campaign
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich charity has launched its biggest-ever testicular cancer awareness campaign.
It's On The Ball has teamed up with seven testicular cancer survivors to highlight how important it is for men to check themselves for lumps.
The campaign image will be put up on billboards and bus stops in Norwich, King's Lynn and Great Yarmouth.
Vince Wolverson, the charity's chairman, said: 'Statistically, seven men are diagnosed with testicular cancer every day in the UK and we wanted to portray that these are real, ordinary men who make up this statistic.
'The story goes deeper too as every man on that poster has either been involved with the charity or has received support from the charity whilst they've undergone treatment for testicular cancer.'
You may also want to watch:
He said it was vital for men to get into the habit of checking themselves regularly.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 10 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk