It’s never too late! Norwich Theatre Royal launches new workshops for over-50s
- Credit: Archant
It's never too late to pick up some performing skills.
This is the message from Norwich Theatre Royal as they launch a range of new activities and workshops for over-50s.
Regular classes are already held which see dance companies run movement workshops, now these are being expanded to cover other performance.
Known as the Limelighters Drama Workshop, the activities will be held in the theatre's Stage Two learning centre, with monthly Thursday sessions from 10am to 12 noon.
No experience is necessary, just a curiosity and interest in theatre.
You may also want to watch:
Also underway is Silver Stage, a course of weekly workshops where people can develop their skills via exercises and improvisation.
Norwich Theatre Royal's Learning and Participation Manager, Wendy Ellis, said: 'We welcome everyone over 50 to be a part of our Limelighters and Silver Stage projects.
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops project
- 2 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 3 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 4 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 5 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 6 Dog dies and another missing after getting lost in snow
- 7 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 8 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 9 'Hot-headed' woman drove car over police officer's foot
- 10 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
'It does not matter whether you have danced or acted a bit before or are completely new to both. This is a great way of dipping your toe into the world of the creative arts.'
For more information visit theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk