It’s me again! Royal watcher Mary Relph greets Prince Charles and Camilla at Sandringham Flower Show
- Credit: Ian Burt
With thousands of well-wishers wanting to catch a glimpse of the royal couple at this year's Sandringham Flower Show, one woman stood out from the crowds.
As an avid royal family fan, Mary Relph is well-known to Prince Charles and the Duchess as she has attended the Sandringham Flower Show for 70 years.
In 2015, the Duchess sent Mrs Relph a bouquet of flowers and a get well card after she underwent a major operation. The 83-year-old, from Shouldham near Downham Market, was ready to greet Camilla with a bouquet of roses.
'When I first came here there was just a fur and feather tent and a flower tent - there wasn't much,' Mrs Relph said.
'I asked Camilla if she had a nice birthday and if she got my birthday card. She said she had a lot of cards.
You may also want to watch:
'I asked Prince Charles how was he enjoying the show and he said there are a lot better exhibitions than last year.'
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 6 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed