It’s me again! Royal watcher Mary Relph greets Prince Charles and Camilla at Sandringham Flower Show
- Credit: Ian Burt
With thousands of well-wishers wanting to catch a glimpse of the royal couple at this year's Sandringham Flower Show, one woman stood out from the crowds.
As an avid royal family fan, Mary Relph is well-known to Prince Charles and the Duchess as she has attended the Sandringham Flower Show for 70 years.
In 2015, the Duchess sent Mrs Relph a bouquet of flowers and a get well card after she underwent a major operation. The 83-year-old, from Shouldham near Downham Market, was ready to greet Camilla with a bouquet of roses.
'When I first came here there was just a fur and feather tent and a flower tent - there wasn't much,' Mrs Relph said.
'I asked Camilla if she had a nice birthday and if she got my birthday card. She said she had a lot of cards.
'I asked Prince Charles how was he enjoying the show and he said there are a lot better exhibitions than last year.'
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 7 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'