‘It’s like a dream’ - how simple Facebook video catapulted Norwich teenager Bailey May to fame in the Philippines
- Credit: Matthew May.
When he recorded a simple online video, Norwich teenager Bailey May had no idea it would catapult him to stardom in the Philippines.
But that is exactly what it has done, after the Notre Dame High School student's video went viral with nearly 100,000 views - and led to a glittering television and music career.
Since releasing the the cover of Beautiful Girl by Sean Kingston in March 2015 as a video on Facebook, his family noticed most of the attention seemed to be coming from his native Philippines.
So Bailey went on to successfully audition for the country's own version of Big Brother.
And after finishing fourth in the hit television show, he has had to move back to his native country after moving to the UK when he was just four years old.
You may also want to watch:
'It was really hard at first moving to the Philippines, because I had left all my friends and family behind,' Bailey said.
'But it's awesome here. It's like a dream. I never expected any of this to happen to me.'
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
'I knew I had gained a lot attention off my social media after posting my videos. Then when I came out of the Pinoy Big Brother House, it was so crazy and overwhelming to have so much attention.'
Since his first television appearance, he has launched an award-winning music career.
He was named Best Breakthrough Artist at the RAWAR Awards and released an album called Bailey.
'I'm doing a album tour around the Philippines and I'm appearing as a guest in TV shows,' he said.
'I have also been in training for the past nine months for a new TV programme I will be taping that very soon. I'm very excited for that.
'I'm so thankful for my fans supporting me since the start and I promise I will work hard to make you happy.'
Bailey's popularity has lead to him becoming an endorser for Coca-Cola, Jollibee, Bench and Huawei Mobile.
He is hoping to return to Norwich later this year and will be attending the Barrio Fiesta in London.