It’s behind you! - Panto cast hitch ride on charity London bus
- Credit: Norwich Theatre Royal
Some of the cast of this year's Norwich Theatre Royal pantomime have shown their support for a festive fundraising initiative in Norwich by jumping aboard a London Routemaster bus.
The bus will be offering free lifts to festive shoppers until December 24. Passengers will be encouraged to make a donation to the Benjamin Foundation.
Stephen Godward (who plays Lord Teddy Norbridge in Sleeping Beauty) said: 'It was just a wonderful experience. I have lots of happy memories of travelling on a Routemaster bus although they always tended to be green. It is fantastic to travel in an authentic red one.'
One of the panto ensemble Rhiannon Hopkins added: 'It has been fantastic to be among the first passengers. It was just like going back in time.'
The new service is going to operate on a hop-on and hop-off service in Norwich City Centre at various stops including Castle Meadow, St Stephen's Street, City Hall and Norwich Rail Station.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 9 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 10 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17