‘It’s been ferociously busy’ - cafe re-opens in Norwich’s Eaton Park
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
We're just loving the parklife - that is the message from the new tenants at a popular city cafe which has just reopened.
There were more than 150 expressions of interest after the Eaton Park Cafe closed its doors last year when the lease expired.
The team who run the Bicycle Shop Cafe in St Benedict's Street won the race to take over the venue, based in the park's rotunda, and say it has been a case of full speed ahead since they opened.
David Potter, who manages the venue, said: 'It's going beautifully. I think we've hit the ground running and it's been ferociously busy.'
Mr Potter said he was 'proud' of the feedback that had been given since they had opened a few weeks ago following a makeover.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'We feel very honoured to be given this opportunity in this beautiful space.
'We feel a lot of responsibility because so many people love the park and want to use it and want this space and cafe to work and be available.'
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
With Parkrun and junior Parkrun taking place at the park as well as crazy golf and the miniature railway, there is much to bring people to the area - something the cafe has benefitted from.
Mr Potter said: 'Lots of people are coming through the door.
'If the last two weeks are anything to go by I think it's going to be a very boisterous and busy summer.'
Are you breathing new life into a city business? Email email@example.com