It’s been a ruff day! Dog spotted sleeping on roof of car in Little Walsingham
- Credit: Archant
Little Walsingham attracts thousands of pilgrims every year to its religious shrine, but yesterday an altogether different sight caught the eye of passersby.
In the quaint north-Norfolk village, a dog took advantage of the peace and quiet, and was spotted kipping on top of a pick-up car outside The Bull Inn pub.
The sleepy hound was caught on camera at midday on Wednesday by Clifford Williams, a Hampshire-based historian who had taken a trip to Norfolk.
Dr Williams said: 'My first thoughts were what a lovely looking dog, and he must be relaxed there in this quiet, tranquil village.
'What a gem Little Walshingham is!'
You may also want to watch:
The medieval village is best known for its Shrine of Our Lady of Walsingham, dedicated to the Virgin Mary, with thousands of Christian pilgrims visiting from around the world every year.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab