It’s a snip helping charity
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Two sisters from Norfolk have had more than half their hair chopped off to help raise much-needed funds for a children's charity.
What started out as a New Year's resolution, quickly blossomed for Natalie and Liza Warboys.
The sisters, originally from north Norfolk, decided that instead of losing weight or giving up chocolate this year, they would donate their hair to charity and raise enough money to have it turned into wigs.
Liza, 25, of Cromer, is an auxiliary nurse. She said: 'Our family has been really, really supportive. We are just so happy we can give young children a much-needed wig.'
Natalie, 22, who now lives near Norwich and works as a trainee accountant, added: 'We originally set our target at £350, which would have been enough to make one wig. Our total has gone above and beyond that and we've now raised enough to make two wigs - one each!
'Although we were anxious, it out-weighed what we are doing to help the children.'
The duo went for the chop in Toni and Guy on London Street in Norwich city centre. The salon's art director donated his time to cut and style the sisters' hair for them.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 5 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 6 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
Together, they had more than 14 inches cut off their hair and it has been donated to the Little Princess Trust - a charity that provides wigs for children suffering from illnesses such as cancer.
To donate you can visit their Just Giving page at www.justgiving.com/natalieandlizarapunzelhair.
Are you doing something special for charity? Email reporter Donna-Louise Bishop or call 01603 693892.