It’s a miracle! Kitten survives 30 minute spin in washing machine
- Credit: Taverham Vets
Black cats are traditionally considered unlucky, but one little kitten from Norwich has challenged the stereotype after defying all medical odds to survive a horrific ordeal.
Kitty the cat used one of her nine lives after sneaking into a washing machine unbeknownst to her owner and taking a spin amongst the laundry on a 30 minute cycle.
The skilled team at Taverham Vets on Fir Covert Road, treated the feline when she was brought in out-of-hours.
Kitty was hypothermic and in shock and had to be given intravenous fluids, oxygen supplementation and various medications.
A spokesperson for Taverham Vets said: 'Intensive care and treatment was provided for several days. The Veterinary Poisons Information Service were contacted and advised that most cats do not survive these situations as ingestion of detergent often has fatal consequences.
You may also want to watch:
'We prepared Kitty's owners for the worst, but thankfully due to their quick action and the prompt treatment she received, Kitty has made a full recovery and is now back to making mischief at home. This kitten is basically a miracle!'
• Do you have a story to share? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler