Israeli ambassador to the UK visits Norwich Jewish communities
- Credit: Stuart Goodman
Norwich's Jewish communities met the Israeli ambassador to the UK today (Sunday) during a brief visit to Norfolk.
Ambassador Mark Regev met with Clive Lewis, Norwich South Labour MP, members of the Norwich Hebrew Congregation and the Norwich Liberal Jewish Community at the Norwich Synagogue in the Earlham Road.
In a question and answer session, Mr Regev talked about Israel and the economics and politics of the Middle East.
Annie Henriques, chairwoman of the Norwich Liberal Jewish Community, said: 'I think for me the nice thing about it was that both the communities met with him.'
She said while there were places different communities did not get along 'in our little city of Norwich the liberal and traditional communities came together'.
You may also want to watch:
Marian Prinsley, president of the Norwich Hebrew Congregation, echoed her thoughts and added: 'I would like to say a huge thank you to our security team and to the catering team.'
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 4 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 5 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 6 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 7 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 8 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 9 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 10 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre