Is there any Brexit regret in your village or town? See the breakdown of our poll results
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2011
Clacton and Thetford have the highest proportion of leave voters, according to our major new poll.
Our reporters spoke to 1,172 people in Norfolk, Suffolk, north Essex and east Cambridgeshire, with 56pc currently telling us they vote to leave.
While 3pc of those who voted to leave the European Union on June 23 now want to remain, 1.8pc who voted to remain on June 23 said they would now vote to leave.
But our poll showed differences of opinion in villages, town and city centres across the country.
Every district in Suffolk and Essex voted to leave the European Union last year. In Norfolk, Norwich was the only area which had a majority of voters who wanted to remain in the political union.
You may also want to watch:
Our poll, which was conducted by reporters who spoke to 1,172 people face-to-face in villages, towns and city centres across the region, still found that people in Norwich would be more likely to vote for remain again.
Felixstowe was the only place where people showed significant signs of regret with 12 out of the 51 people who we spoke to in the town saying they would switch from leave to remain.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich