Is Norfolk home to Britain’s best bacon butty?
- Credit: Archant � 2004
The hunt is on to find Britain's best bacon butty - could it be in Norfolk?
A classic breakfast staple in the UK, the bacon butty has been found to be one of our favourite secret indulgences.
According to new research by IronmongeryDirect, 72pc of people said the sandwich is their workplace snack of choice, while 30pc admitted to enjoying it in secret.
In order to show that we really do earn our bacon, IronmongeryDirect is calling on people to help find the best bacon butty in Britain.
Participants are asked to nominate the establishment that serves the tastiest bacon sandwich - be it a cafe, restaurant, hotel or roadside van.
All nominated locations will be added to a dedicated bacon butty map.
You may also want to watch:
To nominate your favourite bacon butty spot, email email@example.com with the name and address of the establishment or Tweet using the hashtag #BritainsBestButty
Every person who enters will then be placed into a prize draw where they could win one of five £100 Amazon vouchers.
- 1 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 2 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 3 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 4 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 8 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 9 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 10 50 home development approved despite flooding fears