Is Norfolk home to Britain’s best bacon butty?
- Credit: Archant � 2004
The hunt is on to find Britain's best bacon butty - could it be in Norfolk?
A classic breakfast staple in the UK, the bacon butty has been found to be one of our favourite secret indulgences.
According to new research by IronmongeryDirect, 72pc of people said the sandwich is their workplace snack of choice, while 30pc admitted to enjoying it in secret.
In order to show that we really do earn our bacon, IronmongeryDirect is calling on people to help find the best bacon butty in Britain.
Participants are asked to nominate the establishment that serves the tastiest bacon sandwich - be it a cafe, restaurant, hotel or roadside van.
All nominated locations will be added to a dedicated bacon butty map.
To nominate your favourite bacon butty spot, email email@example.com with the name and address of the establishment or Tweet using the hashtag #BritainsBestButty
Every person who enters will then be placed into a prize draw where they could win one of five £100 Amazon vouchers.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 5 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 6 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 7 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 8 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword