Ipswich-based Vertas to provide catering at 12 more schools in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
East of England facilities management group Vertas has agreed a new partnership to provide catering at 12 schools in and around Norwich.
Ipswich-based Vertas says it aims to improve the uptake of school meals across the sites while also delivering a cost saving for the schools.
Ian Surtees, Vertas chief executive, said: 'We are thrilled to be able to further grow our presence in Norfolk. Vertas has over the years worked tirelessly to perfect its school catering offer; ensuring we are ahead of the curve in food and service innovation.
'With my own children attending schools in the region I am fully aware of the challenges which face school leaders in providing a great quality service with an ever decreasing budget. We understand these pressures and regularly look at ways in which we can support.
'Through our investment into local supply partnerships and a keener focus on the customer, we have been able to develop an excellent food offer and save the client money which they can invest in other areas of the school business.'
You may also want to watch:
Vertas has pledged that more than 70% of ingredients and produce will be sourced locally to Norfolk, ensuring the pupils receive a truly local meal.
The food offer will include classic hot meals and Vertas' novel 'Pick & Mix' service which allows pupils to choose from a range of hot and cold items and at some locations has increased update by up to 50%.
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
Vertas has an annual turnover of around £44m and employs around 2,300 members of staff across more than 400 sites in Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire and Essex. It is also the sole provider for facilities services for Suffolk County Council.
Services delivered by Vertas include school, commercial and hospitality catering, cleaning, grounds maintenance and design, energy management, mobile and static security, courier and postal, equipment maintenance and fleet management.