Investigation underway after death of teen found unconscious in town
- Credit: Archant
An investigation been launched following the death of a teenage girl who was found unconscious in Wymondham.
Police officers were called to Norwich Road at 3.14am on Wednesday (October 4) to reports of a 17-year-old in cardiac arrest.
She was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where she later died.
The girl has not been named although is understood to be Stephanie Payne from Aldeburgh in Suffolk.
People in the town said they had seen a police van and forensic van in the car park of the Red Cross charity on Norwich Road on Wednesday morning, although no-one knew why they had been there.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust (EEAST) confirmed they had been called to the incident.
He said they were called to Norwich Road, Wymondham, at just before 2.20am on October 4 to a report of a teenager who was unconscious.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
An ambulance crew, rapid response vehicle, and ambulance officer were dispatched.
The spokesman they treated the patient who was taken to the N&N in a serious condition.
• A man in his late teens and a man in his 20s, both from the Wymondham area, have been arrested in connection with the incident.
They have been released from custody but remain under police investigation while enquiries continue.