Investigation launched following incident at Sheringham v Wymondham football game
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk Football Association is investigating after an incident at a game between Sheringham and Wymondham Town.
The incident, which allegedly involved a number of Wymondham players and spectators, took place in the second half of the Sheringham home game.
Matt Carpenter, football services manager at Norfolk FA said: 'We have received reports relating to an incident that occurred between players and spectators at the Sheringham vs Wymondham Town fixture on Saturday, December 1.
'We have therefore opened an investigation into this matter and are currently collating evidence to establish the facts behind what has happened to enable us to determine what action we will be taking regarding this.'
At that point in the game, Wymondham were down 3-1, but went onto win the encounter 3-4.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 8 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 9 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 10 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon