Investigation launched after a man’s body is found in Thetford
Police are investigating after the body of a young man was found in a Thetford cul-de-sac.
Officers were called to Dane Close at around 7am today (Monday) when the body was discovered outside a home where a young couple is thought to have lived.
The man, believed to have been in his early 20s, has not yet been named and the death is not being treated as suspicious.
Residents in the close, a mixture of houses and flats off Icknield Way, said that people tended not to talk to each other and 'kept themselves to themselves.'
One neighbour said he had seen a young man and woman living at the house, but he had never spoken to them.
He noticed an ambulance and later the police and coroner outside the house in the early morning.
Another said he had been up celebrating the Bank Holiday until 1am, but he had not seen or heard anything since about the discovery.
- 1 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 3 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 4 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 5 Tractor stopped on A11 found to have faulty brakes
- 6 Norfolk holiday cottage business sold to a leading lettings agency
- 7 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 8 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 9 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 10 Long delays after person cut out of car on A1065
'Nobody speaks to anyone else around here,' he added.
Norfolk police would like to speak to anyone who noticed anything unusual in the Dane Close area last night or in the early hours of this morning.
Witnesses are asked to contact sergeant Mark Glister on 0845 456 4567.