Investigation into Storm Doris bus crash near Wisbech
- Credit: Norfolk & Suffolk's Roads Policing
An investigation is under way after a bus overturned as Storm Doris lashed the Fens.
Eleven of the 15 passengers on board the X1 bus received minor injuries when it overturned at Walton Highway, near Wisbech, on Thursday afternoon.
The accident was one of a number which happened as winds gusted up to almost 70mph in the Fens.
Today a spokesman for First Bus, which runs the Peterborough to Norwich service, said: 'A full investigation is being undertaken to determine the cause of the incident.'
Earlier, the firm said it had immediately implemented emergency procedures and mobilised its iown incident response team to the scene to provide support to those involved and the emergency services.
You may also want to watch:
'There were 15 passengers on board of which some were treated for minor injuries and all were discharged at the scene, no serious were sustained,' the firm added.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 5 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 8 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction
- 10 Fuel shortages are on those who panicked - don't just blame the media