Internet sensation Tanya Burr holds book signing in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of excited fans queued outside Jarrold in Norwich this morning as YouTube superstar Tanya Burr held a book signing in the city.
The former Long Stratton High pupil was signing copies of her debut cookbook 'Tanya Bakes'.
The shop expected to sell 800 tickets for the event, and an estimated 1,500 people queued around the block, waiting for their chance for an autograph and a selfie.
Maisie Blackwell, 12, from Cambridge, was first in the queue.
She said: 'It was really good. It's really exciting, actually, to get to go first. It's a privilege.
You may also want to watch:
'I have met her before, but they never did selfies, and it will remind me of this.'
Asked why she was such a fan, the said: 'She's really inspirational. She gives you advice about make up and her life. She's quite creative, loving caring, and is kind.'
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 3 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 4 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 5 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 6 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 7 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 8 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 9 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 10 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
Aveena Boakes, also 12, from Lowestoft, was further back in the line, which she joined at 10.15am.
She said: 'I like her because she's a great YouTuber, and I have always wanted to be her. I'm a really big fan.'
Another admirer, Maisie Hanna, 11, from Hellesdon, said was looking forward to trying Ms Burr's recipes for small cup cakes, and salted caramel cheesecake.
She also brought a letter for her idol, telling her how great she was.
The signing is part of a seven-date tour which will see the 27-year-old, who has 3.5 million subscribers on YouTube, travel around the UK and Ireland to meet fans.
This is the second book the beauty blogger has released following the best seller Love, Tanya - an autobiography and beauty guide.