Internet expert to tour Norfolk ‘not spots’
A social media expert will visit Norfolk later this month to help rural communities in broadband 'not spots' to improve their connectivity.
IT guru John Popham is due to tour the region during national Get Online Week in partnership with the Country Land and Business Association (CLA) East and Heacham-based internet firm Rural Broadband.
The team will discuss people's difficulties getting online in isolated areas, give advice and explain how they might use innovative techniques and systems to get connected.
Mr Popham said: 'This tour is aimed at getting rural areas online and able to use social media even though they may have come up against seemingly insurmountable barriers of connectivity, technology or attitude.
'I believe passionately in the power of the internet to transform people's lives for the better and I want to make sure that people who live in remote rural communities don't miss out.'
You may also want to watch:
Richard Dix of Rural Broadband said: 'We have chosen Sedgeford because it is notorious for poor connectivity, but we hope that we will see people from many other communities too. The week is called Get Online Week but we and the CLA have named this initiative Can't Get Online Week.'
CLA East regional director Nicola Currie said: 'People and businesses in rural areas feel frustration about how hard it is to get a good, reliable broadband connection.'
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
The event will be at Sedgeford Village Hall near Hunstanton from 10am on Monday, October 31. Mr Popham will be available from 2pm.