Inspiring stories of first aid heroism are sought
- Credit: Archant
St John Ambulance is searching for inspiring stories of first aid heroism, as the deadline to enter the charity's Everyday Heroes awards has been extended.
The awards nominations have been extended until Sunday, April 23 for this star-studded annual event, supported by Laerdal, which celebrates the nation's life savers.
Finalists will be invited to the awards ceremony at London's Hilton Bankside Hotel on September 28.
Last year saw a record number of nominations and, with nominations now open a fortnight longer due to popular demand, the charity hopes that this year will yield even more incredible stories.
St John Ambulance is the nation's leading first aid charity.
You may also want to watch:
Every year, more than 400,000 people learn how to save a life through our training programmes, including hundreds of thousands of young people.
To find out about the award categories and to nominate your own everyday hero visit www.sja.org.uk/everydayheroes. Entries now close at midnight on April 23.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen