Inspiring stories of first aid heroism are sought
- Credit: Archant
St John Ambulance is searching for inspiring stories of first aid heroism, as the deadline to enter the charity's Everyday Heroes awards has been extended.
The awards nominations have been extended until Sunday, April 23 for this star-studded annual event, supported by Laerdal, which celebrates the nation's life savers.
Finalists will be invited to the awards ceremony at London's Hilton Bankside Hotel on September 28.
Last year saw a record number of nominations and, with nominations now open a fortnight longer due to popular demand, the charity hopes that this year will yield even more incredible stories.
St John Ambulance is the nation's leading first aid charity.
You may also want to watch:
Every year, more than 400,000 people learn how to save a life through our training programmes, including hundreds of thousands of young people.
To find out about the award categories and to nominate your own everyday hero visit www.sja.org.uk/everydayheroes. Entries now close at midnight on April 23.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 4 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 5 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 6 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 9 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link
- 10 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000