Retired nurse died days after falling from her bed, inquest hears
- Credit: Archant
A retired nurse died days after falling from her bed, an inquest opening has heard.
Vanessa Hutson, 81, of Layson Drive in Norwich, died on July 6 this year at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
An inquest opening was held at Norfolk Coroner's Court in Norwich on July 10.
Area coroner Yvonne Blake said Mrs Hutson fell from her bed on June 30 this year.
She said the cause of death was a blood clot due to a fall.
You may also want to watch:
In a separate hearing on July 10, Ms Blake opened and adjourned the inquest into the death of Roy Berner, 72, from Braydeston Crescent in Brundall.
Mr Berner, a retired motor fitter, died at his home on February 16 this year after suffering a cardiac arrest. He could not be resuscitated.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 The magic moment Cantwell helps young fan touch trophy
His cause of death was type 2 respiratory failure, bronchopneumonia, asbestosis and heart disease, according to Ms Blake.
Both inquests will take place on October 2 at Norfolk Coroner's Court.