Inquest into death of 15-year-old girl adjourned while more information is gathered
- Credit: Archant
A inquest into the death of a 15-year-old from Wymondham has been adjourned while further information is gathered.
Ellie Long was found at her home in Greenland Avenue on Sunday, December 10 and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, where she died on Tuesday, December 12.
At a pre-inquest hearing, senior coroner for Norfolk Jacqueline Lake said further information was needed from Norfolk Constabulary, Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust and Miss Long's GP.
Ms Lake told Norfolk Coroner's Court that an expert may need to be involved in the inquest.
At the inquest opening in December last year, Ms Lake said that a report by Dr Swan gave the medical cause of death as hypoxic brain injury, due to cardiac arrest, due to hanging.
You may also want to watch:
The inquest hearing has been adjourned until August.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us