Inquest to be held next Friday into death of Henstead man, Charles Watson, whose body was recovered from a submerged car in April
An inquest will be held next week into the death of a man whose body was recovered from a submerged silver Volkswagen Golf in the New Cut canal in St Olaves, near Great Yarmouth, in April.
As reported, a search was carried out after Charles Watson, 25, from Henstead, south of Lowestoft, went missing at a friend's stag party over the Easter weekend.
His body was recovered by police divers from Nottinghamshire, and the registration plate confirmed it was the car which Mr Watson had driven to Yarmouth on Easter Sunday.
Mr Watson had split from his friends at the stag party, and was last seen between 2am and 2.30am on Easter Monday.
He had planned to spend the night with friends in Yarmouth, but contacted them at 2.15am to tell them that he would not be staying.
You may also want to watch:
The inquest will be held in Norwich on Friday, August 31.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'