Inquest opens into death of man killed when car fell on him
- Credit: Archant
An inquest has today opened into the death of a 20-year-old man who was killed when his car fell on top of him while he was working on it.
Sarunas Masionis, of Mingay Road, Thetford ,was fixing the parking brake of his car when the jack holding the vehicle collapsed.
An inquest heard how Mr Masionis died from asphyxia and fatal compression as a result of the incident that occurred at his home.
He had been working at Chase Plastics in Brandon and was due to turn 21 the week after his death.
His girlfriend, Viktorija Galvanauskaite, and neighbours had attempted to save Mr Masionis from underneath his car.
You may also want to watch:
Emergency services arrived at the scene a short while after it happened, however he was pronounced dead at the scene.
The inquest was adjourned by area coroner Yvonne Blake until October 25.
- 1 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 9 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 10 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace