Man died three years after being attacked with a metal weights bar
- Credit: PA
A review hearing has been held into the inquest of a man who died three years after being attacked with a metal bar.
Russell Lambert, from London, who was 58 when he died, was left severely brain damaged, paralysed and blind after the assault at his older brother Patrick's house on Albion Road, Great Yarmouth, on February 1 2014.
Patrick Lambert was also injured in the attack.
Both siblings were assaulted by Clive Malone, of Paget Road, Yarmouth, who was jailed for life in October 2014 after being found guilty of attempted murder at Norwich Crown Court.
Russell Lambert was admitted to the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow on January 2 2017 and died there three days later.
You may also want to watch:
Area coroner for Norfolk Yvonne Blake held a review into his death on January 29.
She said Mr Lambert was attacked with a dumbbell weights bar.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 9 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
Another pre-inquest review will be held on April 27, following completion of a pathologist report.