Man died three years after being attacked with a metal weights bar
- Credit: PA
A review hearing has been held into the inquest of a man who died three years after being attacked with a metal bar.
Russell Lambert, from London, who was 58 when he died, was left severely brain damaged, paralysed and blind after the assault at his older brother Patrick's house on Albion Road, Great Yarmouth, on February 1 2014.
Patrick Lambert was also injured in the attack.
Both siblings were assaulted by Clive Malone, of Paget Road, Yarmouth, who was jailed for life in October 2014 after being found guilty of attempted murder at Norwich Crown Court.
Russell Lambert was admitted to the Princess Alexandra Hospital in Harlow on January 2 2017 and died there three days later.
Area coroner for Norfolk Yvonne Blake held a review into his death on January 29.
She said Mr Lambert was attacked with a dumbbell weights bar.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 4 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 5 Norwich man in court over £3.5m whiskey theft
- 6 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 7 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 8 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 9 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 10 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
Another pre-inquest review will be held on April 27, following completion of a pathologist report.