Inquest opens into man’s death in fire at Breydon Water Caravan Park
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
The inquest has opened into how a man died in a caravan fire at Breydon Water Caravan Park.
Alan Jenkinson, 39, from Northamptonshire, died in the blaze at the holiday park in Burgh Castle, near Great Yarmouth, on Sunday May 15.
Dr Ben Swift said the death was caused by burns and inhalation of fumes.
Emergency services were called just after 3am to reports of a fire in a caravan.
Officers from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service found a man inside the caravan who was then taken to the James Paget Hospital where he later died.
You may also want to watch:
The inquest at Norfolk Coroner's Court will proceed in November.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 9 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 10 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash