Inquest opens into Garboldisham junction death
An inquest has been opened and adjourned into the death of a woman in a road collision at Garboldisham.
Heather Packard, 67, a married retired shop assistant from East Harling, was driving a car from Diss towards East Harling when it was in collision with a Jaguar car in Kenninghall Road at 1.42pm on Wednesday last week.
Norfolk coroner William Armstrong told the hearing in Norwich yesterday that her car was struck on the offside and she was declared dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination has been performed, and the cause of death was given as injuries suffered in a road accident.
The man driving the Jaguar and passenger received minor chest injuries.
PC Ian Thexton, of the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Norfolk Police, would like to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or has information concerning it. Call 0845 456 4567.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 8 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre