Mum, 18, died in hospital, inquest hears
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A young mother died of brain injuries in hospital as a consequence of a cardiac arrest, an inquest opening has heard.
Lucy Humphries, 18, of Market Lane, Wells, died on Tuesday, March 3, at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
An inquest opened into her death on Monday at Norfolk Coroners' Court in Norwich and heard how she the medical cause of her death was given as a hypoxic brain injury brought on by a cardiac arrest.
Area coroner Yvonne Blake added that this had come after she had choked on vomit as a result of alcohol consumption.
She added that Mrs Humphries had been born in King's Lynn and that she was a full-time mother. Her body was formally identified by a member of staff at the hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The hearing was adjourned until Tuesday, May 26, when a full inquest will be held.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 3 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 4 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 5 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 10 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show