Inquest opens into death of ‘loveliest guy’ who was killed in crash
- Credit: Mr Radi
An inquest has opened into the death of a man killed in a crash near the Norfolk Showground.
Viorel Petroi died after the incident on the A1074 Dereham Road on Friday, November 22.
A blue Subaru Legacy crashed into two pedestrians, Mr Petroi and Daniella Radi. Ms Radi was left with life-changing injuries. The driver of the car also died.
The inquest into Mr Petroi's death opened at Norfolk Coroner's Court in Norwich on Tuesday.
Senior coroner Jacqueline Lake told the court Mr Petroi, 48, was born in Romania and lived at Goldsmith Street in Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
His medical cause of death was given as multiple injuries due to a road traffic collision.
The inquest was adjourned until May next year.
Tributes have been paid to Mr Petroi, who worked as a valeter at Cooper BMW, with a colleague describing him as "the loveliest guy" and "such a nice chap".
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 3 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 4 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 5 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 6 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 7 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 8 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 9 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 10 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online