Inquest opens into death of retired Robert Goffin seaman who died in his Caister home
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2012
Enquiries are continuing into the death of 70-year-old man who died in his home in Caister last month.
Robert Goffin, a retired seaman, was found dead in his home by his concerned brother, who went round having not heard from him in a few days.
An inquest opening heard that Mr Goffin lived on Nelson Road in the village and had died on Thursday, April 27.
His brother discovered the body after having grown concerned about his brother after losing communication with him.
Opening the inquest, senior coroner for Norfolk Jacqueline Lake said that the pathologist's report could not ascertain a medical reason for his death.
You may also want to watch:
A full inquest into his death has been scheduled for Thursday, July 27.
It is due to be held at Great Yarmouth Magistrates' Court on this date.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 7 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 8 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified