Retired postman died after choking, inquest hears
- Credit: Ian Burt
An inquest has opened into the death of a retired postman.
John Rodwell, 73, was a resident of Norfolk Lodge Care Home on King’s Lynn Road, Hunstanton.
At the inquest opening in Norwich, area coroner Yvonne Blake said Mr Rodwell died on August 20 at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Lynn.
She recorded the medical cause of death as choking due to food aspiration.
The inquest opening heard Mr Rodwell, who had a sister, was born in Lewisham, London, and worked as a postman before he retired.
You may also want to watch:
A full inquest will take place on Friday, November 20.
- 1 ITV Anglia News presenter Jonathan Wills leaving after 13 years
- 2 Contact tracers report pair to police for ignoring self-isolation
- 3 9 of the best farm shops in Norfolk
- 4 Bird's eye view of new £26m seaside leisure centre taking shape
- 5 Which Norfolk Wetherspoons pubs are reopening from April 12?
- 6 New owners of hairdressers plan to buy out 10 salons in six months
- 7 Anger at new plans for landmark Victorian hotel
- 8 Family fined £300 for dumping mountain of cardboard in car park
- 9 'The real Wells people are here' - crowds stay away from coast
- 10 Luxury 12-bedroom holiday home with pool for sale for £1.5m