Electrical engineer died from multiple injuries after village crash
- Credit: Archant
An inquest has been opened and adjourned into the death of an electrical engineer whose car crashed into a tree.
Steven Savage, 37, from Rocklands Road in Shropham, between Watton and Wymondham, died on October 11 on Hargham Road in Shropham.
His inquest was opened at Norfolk Coroner’s Court, Norwich, on Tuesday, October 20 by area coroner Yvonne Blake.
She recorded the medical cause of death as multiple trauma due to a road traffic collision.
MORE: Driver who died after car crashed into tree is namedMr Savage’s blue Vauxhall Meriva crashed shortly after 2am on October 11.
The car had been travelling towards the centre of the village.
You may also want to watch:
Emergency service crews were called but the 37-year-old died at the scene.
MORE: Flowers left at scene of crash which killed man in his 30sNo-one else was injured as a result of the crash and floral tributes were left at the scene.
A full inquest is due to take place on April 8.
- 1 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 2 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 3 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 4 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time
- 5 School forced to close for Christmas early due to Covid cases
- 6 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 7 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 8 Farm shop expands after huge lockdown sales boom
- 9 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council
- 10 More than 1,500 homes and school planned for land alongside NDR