Inquest opens into death of 17-year-old Mia Titheridge who died at a mental health hospital in Norfolk
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2012
An inquest has opened into the death of a 17-year-old patient at a mental health hospital in Norfolk.
Mia Titheridge was found unresponsive in her room at Huntercome Hospital in Buxton on March 19 this year and died later that day.
Opening the inquest in Norwich this morning, area coroner Yvonne Blake said the teenager had initially been detained under section 3 of the Mental Health Act.
The act allows for the detention of an individual for treatment at hospital.
The medical cause of death was listed as hypoxic ischemic brain injury as a result of ligature compression.
You may also want to watch:
The inquest was adjourned and a review is due to take place on June 29 this year.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 8 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk
- 9 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week