Inquest opens into death of 17-year-old Mia Titheridge who died at a mental health hospital in Norfolk
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2012
An inquest has opened into the death of a 17-year-old patient at a mental health hospital in Norfolk.
Mia Titheridge was found unresponsive in her room at Huntercome Hospital in Buxton on March 19 this year and died later that day.
Opening the inquest in Norwich this morning, area coroner Yvonne Blake said the teenager had initially been detained under section 3 of the Mental Health Act.
The act allows for the detention of an individual for treatment at hospital.
The medical cause of death was listed as hypoxic ischemic brain injury as a result of ligature compression.
You may also want to watch:
The inquest was adjourned and a review is due to take place on June 29 this year.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named