Inquest opens after Filby man John Richards was found dead at home by his brother
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
An inquest has been opened into the death of a Filby man who was found dead in his home earlier this month.
John Richards, of Mautby Lane, died at the age of 55 on Friday, May 12.
An inquest opening, held at Norwich Coroner's Court on Monday morning, heard how Mr Richards was born in Hornchurch, Essex and that he had previously been employed as a digger driver.
The opening also confirmed his date of birth as June 8, 1961.
Mr Richards was formally identified to police by his brother, who had found him in his home having gone round to check on him.
You may also want to watch:
Senior coroner for Norfolk Jacqueline Lake said that a post mortem examination had found the medical cause of death to have been hanging.
Mrs Lake adjourned the hearing until 12pm on Thursday, July 27, when a full inquest into Mr Richards's death will be held.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 5 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 6 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 7 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 8 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 9 May 17 easing: What UEA virus expert will and won't be doing
- 10 Couple launch new park café after market success
The full inquest will be held at that time at Great Yarmouth Magistrates' Court.