Inquest opened into death of Sprowston motorcyclist killed in A47 crash
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2012
An inquest has been opened into the death of a motorcyclist who was killed in a crash on the A47 at Honingham on Saturday.
David Holmes, 38, from Sprowston, was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash which also involved a Renault car at about 7.40pm.
An inquest opened in Norwich today by Norfolk Coroner William Armstrong heard Mr Holmes was in collision with a vehicle travelling in the opposite direction which may have turned in front of him.
Emergency services were called and although efforts were made to resuscitate Mr Holmes they were not successful and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
A post-mortem examination has been carried out and a preliminary report states cause of death as multiple injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Armstrong adjourned the inquest to a date to be fixed.
As previously reported Mr Holmes, who was riding a silver Yamaha at the time, was travelling towards Norwich when the crash happened.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
Investigations into the cause of the crash are under way.
The driver of the Renault, a man from Norfolk, was not seriously hurt in the crash.
Would you like to pay tribute to Mr Holmes? Call reporter Adam Gretton on 01603 772419 or email firstname.lastname@example.org