Inquest opened into death of gifted sportsman with links to Dereham and Gorleston
- Credit: Lincoln Colonials
An inquest was today opened into the death of a gifted sportsman and accomplished musician, who was killed when his car crashed into a tree near Dereham on Sunday morning.
Kriss Dreimanis, 20, was a former student at East Norfolk Sixth Form College and lived in Gorleston for a number of years before going on to university in Lincolnshire.
Today's Norwich inquest heard that Mr Dreimanis, who was living in Dereham Road, Mattishall, was driving along Mattishall Road in Dereham when his Vauxhall Astra left the road and collided with a tree. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The cause of death was given as multiple injuries due to a road traffic collision.
The inquest heard that Mr Dreimanis was born in Gulbene, Latvia.
You may also want to watch:
The full inquest will be heard in Norwich on November 11.
As reported, tributes have been paid to Mr Dreimanis on social media.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 5 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 6 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 8 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 9 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast