Inquest opens into death of 31-year-old struck by train in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
An inquest has opened into the death of a 31-year-old man who was struck by a train in Norwich.
James Roe, of Birkbeck Road, died at the Sandy Lane bridge on February 5 this year.
An inquest in Norwich on Monday heard that Mr Roe was pronounced dead at the scene.
His medical cause of death was given as multiple head and chest injuries.
The inquest was adjourned until August 3, at 10am, for a full hearing.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest review was also held into the death of former Liverpool footballer Frank Lockey. The 84-year-old, who lived at Howlett Close, Dereham, was found dead at the Julian Hospital in Norwich on August 24 last year.
His cause of death was given as ischaemic heart disease and Alzheimer's disease.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 7 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 10 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
Senior Coroner Jacqueline Lake said a serious incident requiring investigation report was needed before the inquest can go ahead.
It was adjourned to April 6 for another pre-inquest review.