Inquest into the death of man killed in King’s Lynn house fire
- Credit: Ian Burt
A man killed in a house fire in King's Lynn died as a result of misadventure, an inquest has concluded.
Chris Flegg, 40, died on January 14 last year when a fire broke out at his mother's house on Alive Fisher Crescent.
Emergency services were called to the property after a neighbour noticed flames coming from a first floor window.
Speaking at the time, neighbour Liam Stevens said he entered the house with another man and found Mr Flegg's mother in a downstairs bedroom.
While they were able to rescue her, they were unable to go upstairs to save Mr Flegg as the smoke was too thick.
You may also want to watch:
An inquest in Norwich this morning heard how Mr Flegg died from severe burns and carbon monoxide toxicity.
He was found dead at the scene by emergency services.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
Norfolk coroner Jacqueline Lake concluded that his death was the result of misadventure.