Inquest into death of Norwich mum Kerri McAuley will be opened this morning
- Credit: Norfolk Police
The inquest into the death of Norwich mum Kerri McAuley is expected to be officially opened this morning at Norfolk Coroner's Court.
Ms McAuley, 32, was found dead at a property in Southalls Way on Sunday, January 8.
A Home Office post mortem examination which took place on January 9 was inconclusive however there is evidence that Ms McAuley was subjected to a severe blunt force assault.
Joe Storey, 26, of Murrells Court, St John Street, Norwich, has been charged with her murder and remanded into custody.
Storey will next appear at Norwich Crown Court on March 21 for a plea and trial preparation hearing.
You may also want to watch:
A provisional trial date of June 5 has also been pencilled in.
Tributes have poured in for Ms McAuley, a mother of two, who has been described as 'beautiful inside and out'.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage