Woman died after consuming poisonous plant, inquest told
- Credit: Archant
A 24-year-old woman died after ingesting a poisonous plant, a court was told.
Bethany Johnson, whose address was given as Lark Road, Watlington, was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn after she became unwell on the afternoon of April 16.
Area coroner Yvonne Blake heard that she was taken straight to intensive care.
Paramedic Mark Salter said in a statement Miss Johnson deteriorated and suffered cardiac arrest on the way to the hospital, where she died that evening.
The causes of death were later given as ingesting a poisonous plant and depression.
You may also want to watch:
In evidence Ms Blake heard that Miss Johnson had suffered from a number of health and emotional issues during her life.
Summing up, she said: "She'd obviously been through quite a lot over the last few years."
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 3 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 9 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 10 What happened when The Only Way Is Essex was filmed in Norfolk?
Ms Blake recorded a conclusion that Miss Johnson's death was suicide.