Search

Woman died after consuming poisonous plant, inquest told

PUBLISHED: 13:43 13 November 2019 | UPDATED: 08:55 14 November 2019

King's Lynn coroners court, at Ikon Bishop's House on the Tuesday Market Place  Picture: Chris Bishop

King's Lynn coroners court, at Ikon Bishop's House on the Tuesday Market Place Picture: Chris Bishop

Archant

A 24-year-old woman died after ingesting a poisonous plant, a court was told.

Bethany Johnson, whose address was given as Lark Road, Watlington, was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn after she became unwell on the afternoon of April 16.

Area coroner Yvonne Blake heard that she was taken straight to intensive care.

Paramedic Mark Salter said in a statement Miss Johnson deteriorated and suffered cardiac arrest on the way to the hospital, where she died that evening.

The causes of death were later given as ingesting a poisonous plant and depression.

In evidence Ms Blake heard that Miss Johnson had suffered from a number of health and emotional issues during her life.

Summing up, she said: "She'd obviously been through quite a lot over the last few years."

Ms Blake recorded a conclusion that Miss Johnson's death was suicide.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Eastern Daily Press