Inquest opens after death of man in Wymondham incident
- Credit: Archant
An inquest has been opened into the death of a man in Wymondham.
William Drewry, 32, died on December 28 last year in Back Lane, Wymondham.
Emergency services were called after concerns were raised for the welfare of the man at 4.44pm.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance was called at 5.15pm and landed on the pitch at King's Head Meadow, the home ground of Wymondham Town Football Club.
The man was taken to hospital, where he was pronounced dead. No other people were involved or injured.
You may also want to watch:
Senior coroner for Norfolk Jacqueline Lake, opening the inquest in Tuesday, said Mr Drewry lived on Diss Road, Tibenham and was a mobile phone mast engineer.
The medical cause of death was given as hemorrhage due to a traumatic injury to the carotid artery.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 6 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
The inquest was adjourned to July 1, 2019, at Norfolk Coroner's Court.